* Bright 5" Color TFT Display w/ 800 x 480 Resolution
* LP-700 has a larger enclosure and a 7" Display, otherwise the two
meters are the same.
* 32-bit Main Processor
* Touchscreen controls of all functions, plus physical
switches for the six main function keys
* Graphics and Audio coprocessors
* (8) 16-bit / 200 ksps ADCs with Adjustable Oversampling
* Low Distortion Proprietary Custom Digital Test Signals
to Aid in Rig & Amplifier Adjustments using WFM and
* Distinctive Aural/Visual Alarms for Each Channel for both
Power and SWR.
* Native USB Interface - No Drivers Needed
(not needed for normal operation)
* Flash Upgradeable
* Includes Windows based "VM" (Virtual Meter) software
which allows computer control and monitoring of
the LP-500, locally or remotely.
* Fast Screen Refresh
* 12VDC Operation / 800 mA maximum.
* Interface to Rig is Through Remotable RF Couplers using
CAT5/6 cable of any practical length.
* Provides Extensive Information About the Quality of
* Size: LP-500: 8.0" W x 4.5" H x 6.0" D
LP-700: 9.85" W x 5.5" H x 6.0" D
Watt / SWR Meter
* Couplers for HF, VHF, UHF... Power up to 10KW
(VHF / UHF available soon)
* Up to 4 Couplers with Simultaneous Sampling & Auto-Ranging
* NIST Traceable Calibration
* Large Numerals for Power and SWR at a Glance
* Simultaneous Bargraphs for Instantaneous
Peak Pwr, Average Pwr & SWR
* "Sticky" bar displays highest peaks in all modes
* Flexible Multi-Channel SWR & Power Alarms
w/ Adjustable Set Points
* SWR Protection Relay Jacks for 2 Amplifiers
Waveform Monitor Scope
* Full screen Waveform, Trapezoid & Scope Displays
(Trapezoid requires two couplers)
* Adjustable Sweep and Trigger with Memory.
* 5 Presets for SSB, CW, PSK & 3 User Selections
* 5 Vertical Scales per Channel with Memory
* Multiple "Split-Screen" Displays with Combinations of
Waveform, Power/SWR, Trapezoid and AM Modulation
(w/ Bargraphs/Readouts for Positive & Negative Peaks).
* Touch Screen Cursors for Measuring Time Intervals & Levels
* Adjustable Peak Markers to Prevent Exceeding Preset Limits
* Freeze Button to Facilitate Touch Screen Measurements
* Displays Modulation Spectrum of Transmitted Signal
* Adjustable Span & Averaging
* Linear and Log Frequency Scales
* Adjustable Vertical Reference with +65, +55 & +45 dBm
* 18 bits Effective Resolution
* Up to 80 dB Measurement Range
* Touch Screen Cursors for Measuring Frequencies & Levels
* Adjustable Peak Level Marker
Important notice for LP-100(A) owners... LP-500 WILL NOT replace the LP-100A. The LP-100A
will continue with some important features not provided in the LP-500.
While the LP-100A couplers look similar to the LP-500 couplers, they are completely different
and therefore not compatible.
(with LPC-501 coupler)
Power Range… 0.1W to 3KW PEP / 1500W Average
Absolute Power Accuracy… Better than 3% at 7 MHz, NIST traceable.
(Reduced accuracy below 5W)
Flatness… Better than +/- 0.1 dB from 1.8 to 54 MHz
Directivity... >30 dB, 1.8 to 54 MHz
Return Loss... >40 dB, 1.8 to 54 MHz
SWR Range… 1.00 to 9.99
SWR Accuracy… 5%
Bar Graph Resolution... 600 steps for each range, Manual or Auto-Ranging
Number of Channels… 8 simultaneous (FWD & REF power for 4 couplers)
Channel Balance... +/- 0.1%
Memories... Range & Alarm settings are saved per channel
Channel settings are saved per mode
A/D Converter 16-bit / 200ksps, plus oversampling (2X to 16X).
DAC Resolution… 18-bit, 96 dB SNR
Screen Refresh… 5 Hz to 70 Hz, depending on mode, sweep/span setting.
Sampling Rate… 2.5k to 80 ksps, depending on mode, sweep/span setting.
Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels (WVGA)
Display Type TFT with White LED Backlight
Display Size LP-500: 5" Diagonal, LP700: 7" Diagonal
Test Tone Output… 250 ohms, 500mV RMS, unbalanced, 0.01% THD
Power Requirements… 12-16VDC @ 800 mA maximum
Size… LP-500: 8.0"W x 6.0"D x 4.5"H (20.3cm x 15.2cm x 11.4cm)
LP-700: 9.85"W x 6.0"D x 5.75"H (25.0cm x 15.2cm x 14.6cm)
Sweep Rate … 1.0 to 20.0 ms/division in 0.1 ms steps
5 Factory Presets and 3 User Adjustable Presets
Display Modes … 6, including 3 split screens
Trigger Modes … Normal, Plus, Minus, Plus/Minus, Free Running.
AM Modulation % … 0 to 150, positive. 0 to 100 negative.
Cursors … 2, measuring peak voltage and time (ms)
Markers... 1 or 2, adjustable to show preset power limits
Frequency Spans... 2.5, 5.0 & 10.0 kHz, w/linear or log scaling
Span Multiplier... 5X (500 & 1000 Hz, linear)
RBW… 1 to 20 Hz, depending on span
Averaging… 2X to 16X
Full Scale Reference… +45, +55, +65 dBm
ADC Dynamic Range… > 90 dB
Coupler Dynamic Range... Up to 80 dB, depending on modulation type
Cursors … 2, measuring peak power (dBm) and frequency (Hz)
Markers... 1, adjustable to show preset power limit
Range... 5KW PEP / 2500W average
Flatness... Better than +/- 0.1 dB from 1.8 to 54 MHz
Directivity... >30 dB for 1.8 to 54 MHz
Return Loss... >40 dB from 1.8 to 54 MHz
Range... 10KW PEP / 5KW Average
Flatness... Better than +/- 0.1 dB from 1.8 to 30 MHz
Directivity... >30dB from 1.8 to 30 MHz
Return Loss... >40dB from 1.8 to 30 MHz
Additional Couplers will be available for VHF/UHF, etc.
Main Power/SWR screen showing Peak Hold power value. Also shown in the bargraphs and small numbers are continuously updating peak and average power.
Waveform screen showing keying envelope with + / - edge triggering at 30 wpm. This allows display of both edges of the envelope at the same time. You can also see a slight drop in power putput over the duration of the keying element in this case. Also displayed are adjustable cursors, which in this case show risetime of the cw envelope (1.6 ms). The cursors work in all WFM modes and measure various parameters. The freeze button makes measurements easier.
Two-tone SSB waveform using built in two-tone generator. Also shown are the peak power markers, currently set to 400W.
1/2 Trapezoid display showing amplifier overloading using built in two-tone generator. This view gives twice the resolution of a the standard trapezoid display.
Waveform / trapezoid split-screen
AM Modulation screen.
Waveform, Power/SWR split screen. We are planning to add a 2nd power bargraph to show both exciter and amplifier output at the same time.
Two-tone IMD test
Frequency spectrum of transmitted audio with white noise signal
Setup screen. The first three entries can be set differently for each of the four channels.
settings in Setup for confirmation beeps. Options include Off, Low,
Med, High. Made improvements to the alarm system.
Pwr display in WFM modes, fixes SWR problem with VM.
indicators to make them more visible. See comments near the top of this
mode (like LP-100A) and supports the latest VM software release.
||Fixes bug in
v2.30 which caused the small blue peak number to the right of the peak
bargraph to display the wrong value for time varying signals.
wattmeter "Peak Response" oversampling adjustment to SETUP. Choices are
50, 100, 200, 500 usec. This allows the user to decide how short of
spikes he wan2.35ts to allow the meter to capture.
with the 60 minute sleep timer choice.
associated with SWR Resting choice of "LAST" (wasn't displaying
properly in WFM/PWR split screen).
timeout options to screensaver and sleep timers, including a sleep
option of "Never Sleep".
||Bug fixes -
WFM Range button recall value in 1/2 Trap display. CH2 Sweep recall
amplifier gain options to include 10dB & 11dB for amps with lower
3W choice to AL Threshold Options and changed SWR numeric display
averaging window. These changes produce more stable SWR indication
SWR Rest Fmt to eliminate a choice and fix the "LAST" choice.
||Fixed bug in
v2.21 which didn't properly recall previous amplifier gain setting.
a gain selector to the trapezoid modes to allow the user to tailor the
trap width to match the gain of his amplifier. It was determined that
this was needed to accommodate the latest tetrode and LDMOS amplifiers
which have considerably more gain than the FCC rules have previously
allowed. The range is 12 to 26dB and is adjustable in the touch screen
just above the trapezoid mode buttons.
SWR display update algorithm in Peak Hold mode to narrow the range of
displayable SWR variation during speech.
alarm system. Expands call sign window to 12 characters.
power readout to WFM and Spectrum screens, changes AM carrier sense
AM Mod bug & changes Cursor behavior in Spectrum mode.
botton colors to match meter screeen. Fixes installer problem. Note:
Uninstall older version before installing this one.
all meter functions except AM & Pwr/SWR split screens, cursors and
version (work in progress). Split screens and Seup page not implemented